Friday, October 28, 2016

Tempted to Toss the Towel - Bonita Y. McCoy


So many times in life, we want to give up.
Throw that towel into the ring and call it quits.


I know because there were days when my kids were younger all I wanted to do was huddle in the middle of my bed and hide because the to-do list seemed never to end. "Mom" seemed to be the mantra that streamed out of everyone's mouth wanting or needing something else, something more.

Home schooling, housework, part-time job, teaching classes could overwhelm me if I let them get away from me.  But all these things I felt called to do and all of them were good things.

When I felt that wash of I can't do this or have I lost my mind, I would call my prayer partner, and she would pray. We would ask God for His wisdom for each situation and then I would ask Him again to confirm that the things I was busy doing were the right things, His things.

If you are feeling like giving up, don't. Check in with the Lord and make sure the things you are busy about are meant for you to do, and if they are, then ask the God of the mountains, and the wind who knows your every thought to strengthen you. He will equip you to do the good works prepared for you before the foundation of the world.

God never expects us to do it all. But He does expect us to do what He designed us to do. We all have a purpose and pursuing that purpose even when we are busy and tired will bring great joy. 

Find your passion, Find your purpose, Find your path.

Galatians 6:9 The Voice
"May we never tire of doing what is good and right before our Lord
because in His Season we shall bring in a great harvest if we can just persist."

There is a harvest to be had for all our hard work: strong families, loved children, strong minds, and strengthening others.

Sometimes doing right can be tiring no doubt about it. But let us keep our eye on the prize and don't throw in that towel just yet.

Father, 
Be the lifter of our heads and encourage  our hearts  to keep doing what is good and right in your eyes. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you.
Amen

bym
www.beautifulpiecesofgrace.blogspot.com