Monday, February 27, 2017

One Body - Bonita Y. McCoy

"For just as the body is one and has many members, and all the members of the body, though many, are one body, so it is with Christ....If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together." I Corinthians 12:12 then 26

photo by Pexels


Have you ever experienced an injury? I'm sure you have since most of us have experienced at the least a stubbed toe or a blow to the funny bone. So, you know first hand the pain your whole body feels when one part is hurt.

My right heel hurts. It has hurt all week. It's a small body part, not one that demands a lot of care or attention most of the time. But when it doesn't want to co-operate with the rest of the body, you know it.

As I was getting ready for church this morning, I dropped a full bottle of shampoo on that same foot.
So when our pastor talked about the body of Christ, and how we are all connected, I wasn't surprised. My throbbing foot brought home his point.

We as the body of Christ are interconnected. We cannot thrive without each other. We need each other, and I think that was by design.

Paul points out that just as our bodies work as one, so too, does the body of Christ. Because my heel hurts, my body knows it and feels the pain. This is how as the body of Christ we should be. When one of us is hurt or sick or heartbroken, we should feel it. And when one of us is excited or rejoicing, we should feel that too.

So, I challenge us this week to connect. Rejoice with someone who is rejoicing, or lift up someone who is suffering . This way no one in the body will have to feel like they are alone. They will know someone gets what they are going through and cares enough to walk with them.

Finding God's Beautiful Pieces of Grace

bym
www.bonitaymccoy.com