Friday, March 23, 2018

Yes, and Amen - Bonita Y. McCoy




“For all the promises of God find their yes in Him (Jesus). That is why it is through Him that we utter our Amen to God for His glory.” 2 Corinthians 1:20 ESV.

The thermometer read 32 degrees on the second day of spring. That couldn’t be right.

Looking out the window, I saw the robins flit about, hunting for seeds and worms. The white from the Bradford Pear trees drifted down on the breeze to the ground. The grass sported a bright shade of green. All the signs were there. Spring.

But the thermometer still read 32.

Do you ever experience this in your walk with God the Father? You see all the signs, but the circumstances or the timing suggests something different.

God gave you a promise, but others plant seeds of doubt or concern in your heart and mind. They whisper, “Where is your God now? He has abandoned you, left you to bear the shame and foolishness of believing.”

This happens.

And when it does we need to stretch our wings of faith and flap them hard.

Faith means to lean heavy on the promises of God and to take the opinions and philosophies of man lightly.

David learned this.

In Psalm 42, he says, “My tears have been my food day and night, while people say to me all day long, ‘Where is your God?’”

His answer should be ours. “Despite all my emotions, I will believe and praise the One who saves me and is my life.” Psalm 42:5b (The Voice).

We need to believe that all the promises of God were fulfilled in Jesus and that our only response is Amen, which means so be it.

Jesus will return. So be it.
I will never leave you or forsake you. So be it.
I will sing over you and delight in you. So be it.
I will be your God, and you will be my people. So be it.


When they ask, “Where is your God? Why hasn’t He fulfilled His promise to you?”, remember the signs of spring and know that God has fulfilled all His promises in Christ Jesus. He will not fail you, stand firm and believe.  

Prayer: Father God, teach us to lean heavy into you when doubts plague us. Give us Your assurance and peace of mind that Your word is truth. Help us to stand firm in our faith.  In Jesus name, Amen.


Finding God's grace,
bym