Wednesday, January 17, 2018

What to Wear? - Bonita Y. McCoy






Yesterday, I was standing in my closet trying to figure out what to wear. The weather outside was just above arctic and for this Southern Belle, it posed a real problem.














I knew I had outside chores, so the barn not being heated lead me to dig out the heaviest clothing I could find, my large hooded U.S. Space and Rocket Center sweat shirt and a pair of brown corduroy pants.



I haven’t worn corduroy since I was ten. It swishes when you walk no matter how hard you try to keep it from rubbing together.  That bothers me. But about two years ago, I bought this pair because they fit great and the price was right.

Thankful. I ripped the tags off the pants and wore them. They did the trick. I stayed as warm as I could under the snow day conditions, and I found I didn’t care one iota about the occasional swish.

Sometimes what you wear is more important than the inconveniences it might cause. 


Isaiah 61:10 “…For He dressed me with the garment of salvation, wrapped me with the robe of righteousness.”

Sometimes it might be hard, or trying, or even inconvenient to be numbered among the followers of Christ. But to be dressed in the salvation of God in Christ Jesus is worth every obstacle faced here on earth.

Today, as you stand searching for something to wear, embrace the fact that you are dressed in the salvation of God in Christ Jesus. His salvation covers you.

We can celebrate even in those hard places that He made the way for us. We don’t have to lean on our own works or good intentions. Jesus is our salvation.

 Challenge: Find time today as you are doing the laundry or choosing an outfit to thank God for his plan of salvation and Jesus’s obedience even to the cross.

Finding God’s grace,
bym